Every year, the OCA takes the opportunity to celebrate the best in Chiropractic Care in Ontario and honour outstanding OCA Award winners. This year, the OCA held the 2022 OCA Gala in person at the InterContinental Toronto Centre on Saturday, January 28, 2023.
The theme was back to the future and back in action as we celebrated after a two-year hiatus. James Cunningham, a Canadian standup comedian and host of Eat St., was the Master of the Ceremony and host for the night.
During the 2022 OCA Awards Gala, the OCA honoured outstanding chiropractors and professionals in the following categories:
- Dr. Michael Brickman Heart and Hands Award (Member’s Choice)
- Early Career Chiropractor Award (previously the Recent Graduate Award)
- Patient Care Award
- Research and Academic Award
- Chiropractic Champion Award
- Chiropractor of the Year Award
- Chiropractic Health Assistant (CHA) of the Year Award
- Community Service Award (Member’s Choice)
Our owner and Doctor of Chiropractic, Dr. Michelle Campbell was awarded the Patient Care Award!
The Patient Care Award recognizes a chiropractor, clinic or organization that has excelled in providing exceptional patient experiences, by delivering care that reflects patients’ preferences and has incorporated diversity, equity, and inclusion in their practice. Dr. Michelle has demonstrated a dedicated effort to build a practice that creates an exceptional patient experience for all individuals.
Dr. Michelle Campbell was nominated by our Office Manager, Tiffany who was required to supply testimonials and letters of reference from patients, staff, partners, community members and collaborating health professionals. Nominations had to identify the impact the nominee has on their patients, how their work increases awareness and implementation of innovative ideas and best practices to achieve exceptional patient care in all of the following areas:
- Delivery of Outstanding Care and Collaboration
- Patient Experience and Satisfaction
- Development of Patient-Centred Models of Care
- Incorporate diversity, equity and inclusion
Amazing job Dr. Michelle Campbell! We are all so proud of you!
Watch Dr. Michelle Campbell’s Acceptance Speech Below!