Campbell Care Centre is now offering Physiotherapy services!
What is a physiotherapist’s expertise?
Physiotherapists study the science of movement. They learn how to pinpoint an injury’s root causes.
When should I go see a physiotherapist?
Think about getting physiotherapy if you have an injury, or chronic pain that affects how you function everyday. A doctor may refer you to physiotherapy after surgery such as a hip replacement, or an event such as a heart attack or stroke.
What problems do physiotherapists treat?
Physiotherapists focus on both prevention and rehabilitation. Treatment can be for problems caused by injury, disease or disability. Here are some examples:
- Neck and back pain caused by problems in the muscles and skeleton
- Problems in the bones, joints, muscles and ligaments, such as arthritis and the after-effects of amputation
- Lung problems such as asthma
- Disability as a result of heart problems
- Pelvic issues, such as bladder and bowel problems related to childbirth
- Loss of mobility because of trauma to the brain or spine, or due to diseases such as Parkinson’s disease and multiple sclerosis
- Fatigue, pain, swelling, stiffness and loss of muscle strength, for example during cancer treatment, or palliative care
What can I expect at physiotherapy?
Your session will be unique, because it is all about you and your particular needs. In general, here’s what happens:
- The physiotherapist learns about your medical history
- The physiotherapist assesses and diagnoses your condition
- You receive a treatment plan that sets goals for you
- You are prescribed a course of exercises and any assistive devices needed
You can book online with us at www.campbellcc.com and check out this video below to learn more about Mari 🙂