BlogThe following blog posts are based on my professional opinion of Chiropractic, my personal experience, Chiropractic adjustment options, and the effects that may or may not occur. These comments are general and are not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a qualified health provider with any questions you may have. A Doctor of Chiropractic does not treat conditions or diseases.
Campbell Care Centre is now offering Physiotherapy services!
What is a physiotherapist’s expertise?
Physiotherapists study the science of movement. They learn how to pinpoint an injury’s root causes.
When should I go see a physiotherapist?
Think about getting physiotherapy if you have an injury, or chronic pain that affects how you function everyday. A doctor may refer you to physiotherapy after surgery such as a hip replacement, or an event such as a heart attack or stroke.
What problems do physiotherapists treat?
Physiotherapists focus on both prevention and rehabilitation. Treatment can be for problems caused by injury, disease or disability. Here are some examples:
- Neck and back pain caused by problems in the muscles and skeleton
- Problems in the bones, joints, muscles and ligaments, such as arthritis and the after-effects of amputation
- Lung problems such as asthma
- Disability as a result of heart problems
- Pelvic issues, such as bladder and bowel problems related to childbirth
- Loss of mobility because of trauma to the brain or spine, or due to diseases such as Parkinson’s disease and multiple sclerosis
- Fatigue, pain, swelling, stiffness and loss of muscle strength, for example during cancer treatment, or palliative care
What can I expect at physiotherapy?
Your session will be unique, because it is all about you and your particular needs. In general, here’s what happens:
- The physiotherapist learns about your medical history
- The physiotherapist assesses and diagnoses your condition
- You receive a treatment plan that sets goals for you
- You are prescribed a course of exercises and any assistive devices needed
You can book online with us at www.campbellcc.com and check out this video below to learn more about Mari 🙂
Campbell Care Centre is proud to announce that we now offer counselling services!
People access counselling services for many reasons. If you believe that you could benefit from developing new skills and realizing new insights to better your everyday life, regulate your emotions or meet your full potential. Many people access counselling well before they feel out of control to help themselves build capacity to cope with change and challenge.
You can book online at www.campbellcc.com/book-appointment/
Are you a side sleeper? Here’s what you should consider when buying your pillow. If you want more information on sleep position or pain relief, or if you’re looking for a chiropractor in London, Ontario, contact Dr. Michelle at: (519) 642-2273 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.campbellcc.com/